L.M. Graves Memorial Library was constructed in 1964, and a major wing was added in 1978. The Oliver and Norma Rogers Research Center was completed in 2006.
The Library is dedicated to serving the theological research needs of the Harding School of Theology and its community. The Library’s 150,000 print volume collection, 25,000 volume bound periodicals collection, 350 currently received periodicals, and plentiful digital resources include extensive materials in biblical studies, theology, archaeology, comparative religion, homiletics, marriage and family therapy, christian education, philosophy, ministry, and church organization.
The Library is home to the Meredith Restoration History Archive, a collection of primary sources, scholarly projects, and personal papers and correspondence from significant figures in the Stone-Campbell Movement. Library staff provide indexing services for the Restoration Serials Index. In addition to Restoration Movement materials, the Library’s archives also include some 60 archaeological artifacts, facsimile editions of major biblical manuscripts, hymnals from various Christian traditions, and a 1578 Geneva Bible.
The Library is supported by The P.G. and Anna E. Lewis Memorial Library Fund, established in 1975 by Dr. Jack P. Lewis in honor of his parents and set aside for the purchase of books. The Mount Pleasant Church of Christ Electronic Library Endowment Fund was established in 1999 by Mount Pleasant Church of Christ in Wilmington, DE, and is dedicated to expanding the Library’s collection of digital resources and online journal access. The Don and Evelyn Meredith Restoration Endowment provides funds for purchases related to the history and future of the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement.
The Library is a member of Atlas, Christian College Librarians, Memphis Area Library Council, and Tennessee Theological Library Association.