HST is working with BibliU to provide electronic versions of required texts at no cost to our students for at least the 2020-2021 academic year. Through the generosity of the library endowments, students will have permanent access to electronic versions of textbooks online and through the BibliU mobile apps. Again, this is not a loan or a rental, you will own the electronic copy of your books.
As of today (July 16), we do not have a full list of the available texts, but BibliU estimates that as many as 90% of our textbooks will be available.
There will also be a collection of electronic books added to the library available to all students.
We will use this page to update the status of this project as it goes live.
UPDATE: July 29
We know that the following texts are NOT available in electronic format, so if you need any of these, you will need to purchase them in a hardcopy.
- Reading New Testament Greek, Scott et al (5320 Readings in the Greek New Testament, required)
- Greek-English Lexicon of The NT, 3rd edition, Danker, et al (5320 Readings in the Greek New Testament, required)
- The Elements of Style, 4th edition, Strunk and White (5990 Advanced Theological Research, required)
- First Isaiah, Roberts (5082 Isaiah, required)
- Determining the Form, Allen (5810 Sermon Development and Delivery, required; 7560 Creative Practices of Preaching, required)
- Introducing Biblical Hebrew, Ross (5090 Beginning Hebrew I, required)
- Freeing Theology, LaCugna, ed. (5400 Systematic Theology, 1 of 3 optional texts)
As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn on qualifying purchases made using our Amazon.com affiliate code. These links have our affiliatecode embedded.
We know that the following textbooks ARE included in BibliU, which will give you free access to electronic versions:
- Introduction to the Study of Isaiah, Strongberg (5082 Isaiah)
- Acts. Exegetical Commentary on the NT, Schnabel (5235 Acts for the Apostles
- It’s Still Greek To Me, Black (5320 Readings in the Greek NT)
- Theology for the Community of God, Grenz (5400 Systematic Theology)
- We Have Been Believers, 2nd ed., Evans, Jr. (5400 Systematic Theology, 1 of 3 options)
- Theology in the Context of World Christianity, Tennent (5400 Systematic Theology, 1 of 3 options)
- Dogmatics in Outline, Barth (5450 Contemporary Christian Thought)
- Four Views on the Historical Adam, Caneday and Barrett, eds. (5450 Contemporary Christian Thought)
- The Story of Christianity, vol. 1: The Early Church to the Dawn of the Reformation, rev. ed., Gonzalez (5601 Early and Medieval Church)
- Trinitarian Controversy, Rusch (5601 Early and Medieval Church)
- Christological Controversy, Norris (5601 Early and Medieval Church)
- Augustine: Confessions, Chadwick, trans. (5601 Early and Medieval Church)
- Anselm of Canterbury: The Major Works, Davies and Evans, trans. and ed. (5601 Early and Medieval Church)
- Greatest Work in the World, Parsons (5640 History of the Stone-Campbell Movement, OPTIONAL)
- Who Moved My Pulpit? Rainer (5873 Congregational Leadership)
- Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God’s Agenda, Blackaby (5901 Spiritual Leadership)
- Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership, McIntosh and Rima (5901 Spiritual Leadership)
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 9th edition, Turabian (5990 Advanced Theological Research)
- A Little Exercise for Young Theologians, Thielicke (5990 Advanced Theological Research)
- Eats, Shoots, & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, Truss (5990 Advanced Theological Research, OPTION)
- Bird by Bird, Lamott (5990 Advanced Theological Research, OPTION)
- How to Write a Sentence: And How to Read One, Fish (5990 Advanced Theological Research, OPTION)
- Between You & Me, Norris (5990 Advanced Theological Research, OPTION)
- Dreyer’s English: An Utterly Correct Guide to Clarity and Style, Dreyer (5990 Advanced Theological Research, OPTION)
- Leading With The Sermon, Willimon (7560 Creative Practices of Preaching)
- Reading for Preaching, Plantinga (7560 Creative Practices of Preaching)
- Preaching, Keller (7560 Creative Practices of Preaching)