HST has a strategic partnership with Global Christian Studies to help those serving churches in countries outside the US access graduate theological and ministry training from their home or office. If you are a student through GCS, you will complete the majority of your courses through HST LIVE, our live interactive online course model. For information about HST LIVE, click here. For technology requirements for the program, click here.
MA in Christian Ministry
In the GCS program you will work toward a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM) at HST.
Admission to HST
I am happy that you are considering graduate studies at HST! I believe we can help you become better equipped for ministry. As you work through the application and admission process, know that the admissions staff and I are here to take this journey with you. Please get in touch with any questions or just to say, “Hello!”
– Dr. Matt Carter, Director of Admissions
To apply for admission:
- Complete the application for admission here.
- In order to complete your application process, you need to provide email addresses for four references: two professors, one minister, and one character reference. The admissions office will send an email reference request to the people at the email addresses you provide. The email will contain a link to a form that your reference provider will complete and submit online. We do not require them to write a letter.
- You will also need to order official transcripts from all schools post-high school to be sent directly to Harding School of Theology. If the school sends electronic transcripts, use the email address HSTAdmissions@hst.edu. If they send paper transcripts, have them mailed to:
Harding School of Theology
1000 Cherry Rd.
Memphis, TN 38117
- Complete the scholarship application located here.
A score of at least 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (Internet-based test) is required on the TOEFL examination for all applicants whose native language is not English. For information on this English language proficiency test, write to the Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151, USA. The code for Harding School of Theology is 1266.
You may access the academic catalog here. Note that when you perform a search in the catalog, it searches the entire Harding University Catalog, so check closely to make sure that the information you see is related to the School of Theology and not to another degree program.
Global Christian Studies and HST are two separate organizations working together on a common goal.
For questions about Global Christian Studies, click here to email GCS staff.
For questions about HST, the application process, or the degree program, email Matt Carter, Director of Admissions, or call 901-432-7750.