The focus of the HST D.Min. is to come alongside experienced spiritual leaders to provide the personal and professional growth most needed for their ministry contexts. Our program blends a helpful structure of core courses with considerable elective flexibility to design a learning experience of targeted enrichment of one’s capacity as a leader. Courses integrate spiritual formation, theological reflection, contextual discernment, skill development, and rich conceptual exposure for missional development. A few special features help us facilitate such a learning experience:
- Interaction with highly qualified faculty with decades of experience in teaching, scholarship, and practical ministry.
- Exposure to faculty insights gained through consultations with hundreds of congregations.
- Courses designed to help students comprehensively assess culture and context, and facilitate transformative change.
- Course-embedded exercises for spiritual formation, collegial relationships, peer spiritual mentoring and faculty interaction, both in and out of the class sessions.
- Flexible electives that allow students to pursue specialized interests.